The Conservatory is a multi-disciplinary arts and meeting space located a short walkfrom the Trenton Transit Center. Founded by Jacqui and Sterick Ivey, The Conservatoryis housed in the restored Conservatory Mansion on East State Street, a building thatoriginally housed the Trenton Conservatory of Music, founded in 1920 by Julliard pianoprofessor William O'Toole. Jacqui Ivey remembered taking music classes there in heryouth. The Ivey's bought the building in 2005 (it still contained 14 old pianos at the time)and spent five years upgrading it. Today, the Conservatory has fully equipped recordingand dance studios, concert space, and an ongoing series of classes, lectures and otherprogramming in the arts. Its Concert Hall can comfortably accommodate up to 75 guests,and groups have the ability to rent a variety of renovated spaces full of beautiful originalperiod detail.The Conservatory is located at 540 East State Street, Trenton, NJ 08609. For informationon events and booking, go to www.theconservatorynj.com
or call 609-858-2279.