Trenton Spotlight
patriots-week
Join thousands of visitors and enjoy art music, literature, battlefield re-enactments, and living history events.  Learn More

Site of THE OLD HUNTERDON COUNTY COURT HOUSE AND JAIL

  • 23 South Warren Street
  • Trenton, NJ 08608
  • Artwork Creator: n/a
  • Hours: n/a
  • Access: n/a
  • Image Source: View Image Source
  • Sponsor/Project: n/a
  • Project Date: 1719

“The first public building to be erected in Trenton was the Hunterdon County Court House. It stood on the east side of Warren Street, midway between Front and State Streets, on the site occupied by the building recently vacated by the Trenton Banking Company. The lot on which it stood is commonly believed to have been given to the County of Hunterdon by William Trent. The Court House, a two-story building of grey sandstone with stuccoed front, was built in 1719 and soon after its lower story was used for confining offenders of the law.” – Trenton Historical Society, A History of Trenton 1679-1929

enews

Trenton

eNewsletter Signup:

New Jersey visitnj.org
Powered by Simpleview