“When the temple . . . passed from the Masons, City Commissioner J. Ridgway Fell led the movement for a new building. He obtained options on the Willow and Front Street site and, with these options, one on the old First Masonic Hall, then being used as an upholstering shop. The original temple was bought in 1915 by a group of Masons, led by General W. F. Sadler, Jr., and presented to Grand Lodge.
In 1916 S. E. Kaufman, J. Henry Fell and Edgar D. Coleman were named as a committee to call all the Trenton Masonic bodies together for a discussion of a new building. The committee met with representatives of all the Masonic groups, and from these sessions a Trenton Masonic Temple Association was formed . . .
Subscriptions were being successfully obtained for the new temple when the World War intervened, and nothing more was done until June 4, 1921, when at a meeting of all the representatives of the Masonic groups it was decided to resume activities. In successive campaigns the sum of $800,000 was raised to meet the cost of the temple. The cornerstone was laid October 9, 1926. Governor A. Harry Moore, of New Jersey, gave the main address. The building was finished and formally opened February 28, 1928.” – Trenton Historical Society
“Completed in 1928, this Masonic Temple is the third building for the Trenton Lodge No. Five . . . Trenton Architects Hill & Gollner designed the building . . . The structure is built of Indiana Limestone with granite steps. The Doric columns of the Greek Revival façade measures 29’ high and 4’ in diameter. The five bronze entry doors are richly adorned with Masonic symbols.” – Downtown Trenton Artwalk