Florence, Italy; Italian carerra marble, 14’ Tall, Seven Tons.
“Statue of Washington shown in command at the bow of his Durham boat crossing the Delaware river on December 25, 1776. The statue was originally commissioned for the centennial celebration of the US Constitution. It was moved from Cadwalader Park in Trenton for the Bicentennial in 1976.” – Downtown Trenton Artwalk
“This statue is designed after Leutze’s painting of ‘Washington Crossing the Delaware.’ It is of marble, heroic in size, being twelve feet high, and standing on a pedestal built of wood and Portland cement. It is situated south of, and directly in front of Judges Hall.” – Official Catalogue, United State’s Centennial Commission International Exhibition 1876