• 431-433 South Broad Street
  • Trenton, NJ 08611
  • Artwork Creator: n/a
  • Hours: n/a
  • Access: Not open to public
  • Sponsor/Project: n/a
  • Project Date: 1765

“Built in 1765 by the owner of the mills established by Mahlon Stacy and William Trent, the building at what is now 431-433 South Broad Street was a residence before its use as a tavern throughout the 19th century. In connection with the nearby Eagle Race Track, it was frequented by horse owners and served as a meeting place for South Ward politicians and members of the Eagle Fire Company. It became a boarding house at the turn of the century, but was vacant from 1947 until its acquisition by the city in 1965.” – A Capital Place: The Story of Trenton



eNewsletter Signup:

New Jersey visitnj.org
Powered by Simpleview